Birmingham & Solihull Women’s Aid provides services for women and children who have been affected by the experience of domestic violence, rape and sexual abuse.
We are a registered charity (1073926) and a company limited by guarantee (3509538).
We are managed by a Board of volunteer Trustees which is responsible for overseeing the management, financial transactions and decisions, maintenance and development of services and compliance with all duties that a charity and limited company are bound by. Fulfilling the Trustee role involves:
- Participating in regular reviews of the strategy, core values, aims and objectives of BSWA
- Ensuring that the organisation of BSWA is such that the charitable objectives can be achieved
- Monitoring the financial strength of BSWA and ensuring its long term sustainability including approval of annual budgets
- Reviewing and approving the policies of BSWA
- Recommending the appointment of auditors to the Annual General Meeting
- Ensuring that all published reports adequately reflect the services and financial condition of BSWA
- Assisting in the recruitment and induction of new members of the Board of Trustees
If you are interested in becoming a BSWA Trustee, please Contact Us.