Thank you to everyone who has supported our campaign, we have now collected gifts and started distributing – if you’d still like to help please donate via the Fundraising page ‘Get Involved’
Can you help?
- Check out our gift ideas list and work with colleagues, friends or family to source presents together.
- Take part in our Christmas Jumper selfie competition
- Purchase an item from our Amazon list which will then come direct to our central office ready for distribution. You can also use Smile on amazon to raise money for us whilst you shop! Simply go to https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ in any browser and search for Birmingham and Solihull Women’s Aid. It costs you nothing!
- Purchase gifts and drop to our head office at 44 Bristol Street B5 7AA before 4th December. We prefer gifts unwrapped – as we need to see gifts before we hand them out and often have to unwrap lovely presents and re-wrap them. Because of COVID, it’s even more important not to wrap presents as our usual teams of volunteers aren’t able to help re-wrap. Gift bags work just as well! ( Don’t forget to let us know you’re dropping them off too!)
- Make a donation. Click on the bottom of this page on Donate Now. This gives us a fund which we can use to buy last minute gifts. Perhaps we have an older teenager in refuge and we’ve run out of teen appropriate gifts? A cash donation is perfect to help us with those last minute shopping trips.
We gather presents from November, and always aim to have a stock of Christmas presents for babies, children, teenagers and women available in our store room by the second week of December so they can be distributed by our ‘elves’ well in advance of the special day.
We only give out new toys to children for Christmas, so if you have used toys you’d like to donate please get in touch with us first to see if we have room to store to distribute to our charity shops.
So be a good elf, and ‘elp us along the way; even the smallest gesture will mean a lot.
Thank you for supporting us this festive season.